So today I got up and was feeling better then I have been so I decided to take a walk in a local cemetery, sounds ghoulish I know but they have some cool Civil War graves there. Sadly walking around for 30 minutes really did me in and I had to go home and lay down for a 2 hour nap, this dang infection really saps the strength. But on a good note I put some chicken breasts in the crock pot for tonight’s dinner instead of boiling it on the stove like I planned! After it was done the rest was a breeze…so glad I decided to use to crock pot or else it might have been TV dinners lol!
- 8 oz fat-free sour cream
- 1 can fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup fat free milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (or 1/2 Tbsp dried)
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 can Mexican Rotel
- 1 cup chopped onions (optional)
- 8 low carb tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 can diced green chiles
All you do is boil your chicken and shred it up then combine the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, milk and cilantro in a sauce pan. Cook until heated (careful it boils quickly and like she said in the blog “Will make a huge hot mess if you don’t keep stirring. I learned the hard way. Twice.”) then put aside.
Get out a frying pan and add your chicken, onions (if you used them I didn’t), ro tel, and green chilies and cook until onions are clear or the mixture is hot. Put 2 tbsp chicken mixture into a tortilla, roll, and top with the sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 until golden bubbly!
Looks so good doesn’t it?? Yes it did taste as good as the picture looks!! 😉
Tips from me:
1. If you like big, fat, stuffed enchiladas then you will have to add more of the chicken mixture since the recipe calls for only 2 tablespoons.
2. I had extra chicken left over so instead of getting rid of it I added it to the top of my boyfriend’s before baking it. Makes it more “meaty” for then men folk out there lol 😉
3. Next time I make these (oh yes there will be a next time!) I will reduce the amount of sour cream since it overpowered the taste of the cream of chicken. I am not a fan of sour cream (unless cooked like this) so this is just my preference. I will also drain the ro tel (the recipe didn’t specify.) since it was hard to roll them with the juices dripping everywhere.
Hope you like this as much as I do! I am having so much fun doing all these pins and I hope you guys are enjoying the as well!!